Wednesday, April 5, 2023

AOBTD

The day is most brilliant upon first awakening

Possibility is endless and I overbook

    it gets me stirring, gets me restless

I hear birds chirping

I hear leaves rustling

From a deep sleep guided by Tibetan bowl frequencies

    rested, hungry, courageous, and in need

Heading into my future bravely. 

There is no maybe. Committed to myself

    no caving. 

Each afternoon, a grab bag of sun, snow, or rain

Keeps me thinking, ahead

    had to plan for it

Keeping dry, warmth from within

    staying near by

It's the North West, there's always a barista

    within ear shot

Making it to sun down

    memories of grace and of mercy as

    another one bites the dust

Finding gratitude in the journey. 

Shedding tears because the struggle is real

    but this time of day is pure beauty. 

 Now it's time to eat, share a meal

Lay down to sleep, 

    I pray the Lord my soul to keep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An American's Dream

  falling asleep has never been too much of an issue for me but waking up I often seem stuck and still dreaming most night's sle...