Monday, March 18, 2024

A day for Gratitude

Today I am grateful
I am grateful for the blue in the sky and the white in the clouds
I am grateful for how they look like cotton fields for god's clothing
I am grateful for the birds, their hop step and for their soaring
I am grateful for their chirp and squawk and tweet, their gathering of things,
their nest buildings
I am grateful for the bees, their buzzing
how they nestle in each flower, collecting
I am grateful for the life they bring

Today I am grateful for the breeze, the sunshine, and the trees
I am grateful for the greens, and yellows, especially the fuchsia flowerings
I am grateful for reds and browns, for the sturdiness of the ground
I am grateful for the rocks
they remind me more than anything else that I too am strong
I am grateful for the strength that hides within me
in this body that is so soft, so fleeting, I can do anything

With gratitude in my heart I fly high, for I too am a bird, a bee
I am a flower bloomed, not yet wilting
I am a rock, something sturdy
Today I am grateful, for my heart is full of life's beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

An American's Dream

  falling asleep has never been too much of an issue for me but waking up I often seem stuck and still dreaming most night's sle...