Monday, April 1, 2024

Mine

taking responsibility
knowing these choices
were mine alone
I dare to look forward
to stand on my own
I will find a way through
this forest, this fog
I will not hold expectations
I will not presume
I hope for good tidings
for joy to continue to bloom
in my heart I have everything
in my lungs, more room
with my hands I hold tightly
this life I was not owed
the reasons for existing
will always be unknown
a purpose for persisting
an exercise for me to own
I dare to look forward
embracing the unknown
the end may be near
but the path not fully sown
seeds left to plant
room left to grow
reaching for the sky
what is possible to become
is mine to own

No comments:

Post a Comment

An American's Dream

  falling asleep has never been too much of an issue for me but waking up I often seem stuck and still dreaming most night's sle...