Sunday, December 17, 2023

Probationary Periods

You were on probation
When you bought me the liquor
The night I was raped
Sending me out of the house
Unaccompanied
Minors
New Kids on the Block
Them from Cali
Me returning sadly
Left a home
No less broken
Plenty of blame to pass around
But no one is going
Stuck here
Living strong lives
Ants go marching on one by one
The little one stops
They all go marching on
Struggling to keep up
On a marry go round
Must be why I was always so noxious
Riding in the car
Music real loud
Tuning you out
Refuse to take responsibility
Or be jail bound
Silence is its own sound
No justice, No peace
In pieces, my heart
Lay scattered around you
I watch as you step on each piece
Crunch crunch, crunch crunch, crunch crunch
Probationary, the time you had
Before you left me.
Fending for myself
I did everything I wanted
Maybe I dreamt small
Or they just never landed
But I found myself full
On the wings I built
Fitted tightly to me
I was shot down
Still injured, but safe
For Freedom of Speech
Does not require truth
Nor does it require faith
Communities noted values for these
Making them that of which
We are all depending
Truth is found in the cumulation
Perspective 360degrees, round

No comments:

Post a Comment

An American's Dream

  falling asleep has never been too much of an issue for me but waking up I often seem stuck and still dreaming most night's sle...